The Christmas season presents many opportunities for family and friends to gather in celebration of the holiday. Local churches are offering a full calendar of services in observance of Christmas as a time for families to get together and remember the reason for the Christmas season and respite from the hustle and bustle.
1. Growing up, her father instilled in her an interest in sports and particularly the Green Bay Packers.
2. She is a huge country music fan and makes time to attend concerts when she can.
3. A fan of the Chicago Cubs, she loves attending major league baseball games with her family.
Made of brightly colored yarn and stitched together with prayers, hundreds of crocheted or knit blankets will make their way from St. Catherine’s Village to various destinations across the world.
1. Before she began working at Premier Fabrics, she was a teacher.
2. She is a life-long resident of Jackson.
3. One of her hobbies has always been design, so now she has turned one of her hobbies into her job.
4. She is a poodle fanatic. She has two toy poodles, Millie and Pheobe.
After a bid was accepted for $5.7 million in short-term borrowing, the Madison County board of supervisors wasted no time throwing their respective projects into the ring.
1. He drove a blue ‘77 Chevy Nova in high school.
2. He played on Jackson Prep’s 1985 and 1986 state championship basketball teams.
3. He had front row seats at a 1986 R.E.M. concert in Jackson.
4. He was a national merit finalist in high school.
In addition to continued efforts to eradicate Giant Salvinia from the Barnett Reservoir, Pearl River Water Supply District (PRVWSD) officials are also considering long-term strategies for preventing the spread of non-native, invasive plant.
Overcoming adversity is nothing new to Madison resident Scott Young.
His mettle is tested on a daily basis in his career as a police officer with the Ridgeland Police Department and in the gym, as both push his limits physically and mentally.