1. He served in the U.S. Coast Guard from 1993 to 1998, participating in numerous drug seizures.
2. He loves singing and playing music and baseball with his 3-year-old son and namesake, Trey.
3. He once held a competition license from the Sports Car Club of America after completing a course at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Phoenix, Arizona.
4. He wasn’t always an investigative reporter, but started his career as a sportswriter and sports editor.
5. He is a trained weather spotter and has been fascinated by weather since he rode out Hurricane Frederic as a four-year-old in his hometown of Mobile.