The Mississippi Boychoir has 27 members for its 25th season. Lanise Aultman has been involved with the Mississippi Boychoir for the past 15 years, serving in various capacities from parent volunteer to president of the board.
Wanda Thomas was recently named director of Catholic Charities. The Jackson native brings an extensive background in social work, with more than 20 years of experience in the field. Thomas earned her bachelor’s degree in social work at the University of Southern Mississippi and master’s degree from Jackson State University.
Santa Claus is counting down the days until he makes his traditional Christmas Eve Run. While out on a test run, he stopped in to visit the Northside Sun and enjoy some milk and cookies with the staff. He also picked up the hundreds of letters we’ve received written by Northside kids.
1. Growing up, her father instilled in her an interest in sports and particularly the Green Bay Packers.
2. She is a huge country music fan and makes time to attend concerts when she can.
3. A fan of the Chicago Cubs, she loves attending major league baseball games with her family.
1. Before she began working at Premier Fabrics, she was a teacher.
2. She is a life-long resident of Jackson.
3. One of her hobbies has always been design, so now she has turned one of her hobbies into her job.
4. She is a poodle fanatic. She has two toy poodles, Millie and Pheobe.
Honoring the women who blazed the trail for future female Rotarians is a major goal of the Women in Rotary Committee, which is chaired by Barbara Travis. Travis, a marketing and public relations consultant, is former governor of the Rotary District 6820, which encompasses 45 clubs in 34 Mississippi counties.
1. He drove a blue ‘77 Chevy Nova in high school.
2. He played on Jackson Prep’s 1985 and 1986 state championship basketball teams.
3. He had front row seats at a 1986 R.E.M. concert in Jackson.
4. He was a national merit finalist in high school.
Ashlee Ellis Smith was recently named executive director of the Mississippi Wildlife Federation. Smith, a native of Nashville, is a graduate of the University of Tennessee and the University of Memphis School of Law. She and her husband Brad have four children.
Overcoming adversity is nothing new to Madison resident Scott Young.
His mettle is tested on a daily basis in his career as a police officer with the Ridgeland Police Department and in the gym, as both push his limits physically and mentally.