As of last week, the City of Gluckstadt has its very own chamber of commerce called Gluckstadt Madison Business Alliance, which Director Elizabeth Tyler has been working on since March.
“It is an exciting time with the incorporation of Gluckstadt and growth that the city is experiencing,” Tyler said. “We officially launched the Gluckstadt Madison Business Alliance last week as we mailed out information to all of the businesses of Gluckstadt.”
Tyler said chambers of commerce have been important to businesses and communities for hundreds of years with the first chamber starting in Europe. She said the benefits to a community that has a chamber of commerce are tremendous.
“In 1773, the first American Chamber of Commerce was formed in Charleston, South Carolina,” Tyler said. “Today, there are over 5,000 chambers of commerce. It is a voluntary membership organization that is an interconnected group of businesses and professionals working together to increase local commerce and serve their communities more effectively than can be done individually.”
Tyler said that with a brand new city, she wanted to offer a brand new chamber.
“Our mission is ‘Growing Business and Strengthening Community,’” Tyler said. “We want to be the most trusted source for local information and to reach far and wide in promoting and bringing customers to our member businesses.”
Tyler said there are many benefits to the businesses that choose to become a member of a chamber of commerce, such as the following:
1. Being a part of a network of local businesses with similar community interests and concerns and the ability to interact with like-minded business owners and professionals.
2. Being a member of a team with the goal of increasing global awareness of our community and its commerce, as well as an individual business and service.
3. Through use of technology members can broadcast their business and service both locally and globally.
4. Having access to a public forum for community involvement, education, cultural activities and networking.
5. Being able to contribute to community pride by putting the community on display, promoting activities and events that present members as vibrant and involved.
6. Being listed in our powerful business directory for easy access to other members, but primarily to members of the public who may be looking for a particular business or service.
7. Having access to new technology which expands members web influence, access to information, and the ability to communicate through the internet and the use of mobile devices. This is an important application in today’s economy.
At least 13 businesses in the area are already involved with the Gluckstadt Madison Business Alliance. Tyler said they have already started a networking group called Business Builders and plan to start an ambassadors group.
“Our first Ribbon Cutting will be on May 26 at 4 p.m. for Heart to Heart Senior Care Center,” Tyler said. “We are also working on a meeting for our businesses to meet with the Police Chief, which should be sometime in the month of June.”
To follow along with what the Gluckstadt Madison Business Alliance is up to or learn about how to join, visit their website at https://www.gluckstadtba.com/ or find them on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.